Thursday, October 02, 2008

Another set of scans behind me


Yesterday I completed another PET-scan, and a chest-abdomen-pelvis CT-scan. Barium doesn't really taste too bad, if you just didn't have to drink such a volume of the stuff! I am glad it is behind me. Results should come when I see the oncologist on October 10.

Next week I have couple more tests to complete (one is to check on the adrenal mass I've had since the last PET-scan, and one is to check my uterine walls...what fun!) Then I am hoping for a real and true break from tests and appointments for a little while. If they find anything else on these tests, I tempted to say, "Go fishing in someone else's body for a while, and leave mine alone!"

Today I taught both worldviews and chorus for the first time since I bowed out of everything in April. It was wonderful to be with the kids again, and the parents. I am weary this evening, but happy. God has been very good to me.

Please praise God with us:
*For the tests that were completed
*For the opportunity to return to teaching
*For increasing strength and stamina for me
*Increasing return of health to the radiation site
*For being the covenant-keeping, promise-fulfilling God that He is

Please ask the Lord:
*To allow my tests to all be negative, and my time of cure/remission to begin
*To continue to cause the radiation site to return to the new normal
*For all of life to return to the new normal, and actually begin to "feel" normal
*For my classes to honor God, benefit the students, and bless the parents
*For my energy to continue to improve
*For our friends Terry and Juanita, who will have the memorial service for their dear daughter, Emily, and bury her tomorrow. (I wrote about Emily's death here and here.) Please ask God's special presence and the peace that passes all understanding to be theirs in Christ. You can read Terry's most recent post here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now you will have the fun after effects of the barium, that is fun! :)

elisa