Monday, October 20, 2008

Miscellaneous items and some prayer erquests


Well, Gentle Readers, it is the end of a busy day. The day has been filled with getting things done that I wanted cleared up before my surgery tomorrow. And now, my lists are clear, and my day is all but done, and God has been good. I have a few things I wanted to update you on and share with you before I turn off my computer for the evening.

First, Tim and Nikki should be getting their start on their move to Tucson later this week they will be visited by the moving company, and then they will head for the Southwest. If all works out, we will get to see them for a few days on their way through, which would be a great blessing!

Second, I have been blessed today by many godly friends-- friends who are taking over my classes, sending me notes of encouragement, friends who are bringing meals. God's family is an amazing thing. And so are our real families (who have done the same.) I feel very blessed.

Thirdly, Gentle Readers, I feel compelled as I look over the last several posts to remind you that I am telling myself what I need to hear. I know some of you are listening in, and you are welcome, but I am talking at me first and foremost. It's only my own sin I am rebuking!

Lastly, here are a few specific prayer requests. I really appreciate your support in prayer!
*Please pray that I would rest in the Lord and sleep well tonight, an that my surgeon would do the same!
*Please pray that my surgery would be on time and not delayed in the morning.
*Please pray that the procedure would be simple and uncomplicated.
*Please pray that we would get a clear diagnosis, and that it would be something benign.
*Please pray for my waking-up process, and that I would be at peace in the Lord.
*Please ask the Lord for grace sufficient for me, that I would not bring Him shame by fearing or despairing.
*Thank God with me for His body and the support they have been to me.
*Thank God for my family, especially my tender and caring husband.
*Praise God that He is ruling and reigning right now, whether my path ahead is easy or difficult.
Soli deo gloria!

1 comment:

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

It's a joy to pray with and for you! Hugs,
Renee