Thursday, October 16, 2008

A good day


Today was a good day. I got to spend time in worldviews class and chorus with my students, and speak to some of their moms who are my friends. It is a blessing to exercise one's calling.

It also looked like a good day compared to yesterday. Nothing majorly bad happened yesterday, but it was one of those days when nothing went quite right: I discovered some of my blood work was lost, I TWICE lost my place on my mP3 player, making me do slow-motion fast forwarding for about 30 minutes to retrieve my place, and I had to share hard news with dear friends. It was just a long, frustrating and exhausting day!

Today was also exhausting, but somehow felt quite different. Everything felt right. Even though I was still tired, it felt like I was doing what I should be doing. it was fun and easy and good.

That has me pondering the fact that God was the Lord of yesterday, just as much as He is the Lord of today. And He will be the Lord of tomorrow, too, as I head to the surgeon and make lots of decisions. I need to learn to see the frustrating days as opportunities to learn at the feet of the Lord, and to appreciate the good days as great blessings from a gracious God.

No comments: