Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Family Update


What's up with the Finnegans lately? Well...

Tim and Nikki (pictured here with Dave and me at their rehearsal dinner almost a month ago) had a wonderful honeymoon in Hawaii, and are now homeless... They are moved out of the condo they were renting from Nikki's aunt in Grand Rapids, but Nik's aunt has been king enough to let them leave all their belongings in half of her garage until they can get the movers there. Raytheon has all of Tim's clearance paperwork, and hope to have him ready to "start" on October 20, but can't approve them actually doing anything until the temporary clearance has been received-- usually about 2 weeks. So, Tim and Nik are depending on the kindness of family in this in-between time. They are spending a couple nights with Nikki's cousin Andrew in Grand Rapids, then will probably spend 5 or 6 days down in Bloomington with Ben and Elsa as they await word from Raytheon. Once everything is ready to go, it will probably go very quickly, and we hope to be helpful and meet the kids in Tucson to help with the move.


Ben and Elsa seem to be doing well. Ben is working hard enough that he stayed home last weekend to prepare a presentation and write a paper while Elsa enjoyed homecoming at Hillsdale. They also recently enjoyed a Jason Gray concert in Terre Haute. I hope to get all the details soon. And I am still hoping to get to Bloomington for a visit sometime...

Dave and I are both teaching this year, though it's been a bit of a rocky start for me. Dave is teaching high school chemistry, and I am teaching worlviews, composition and chorus, Lord willing! I started chorus and worldviews last week, and hope to pick up composition soon.

Today I am doing a non-invasive procedure at home to test for hormone secretion from the small mass on my adrenal gland. I suspect this will come back negative, and it is really more of an irritation than anything else. (If you want the details, see here.) Thursday I have my hysterosonogram, Lord willing. I'll be glad to get that over with. And Friday I see the oncologist to hopefully get some blood test and scan results. My hope is that there are no new items to follow-up with, and no sign of cancer.

Thanks for your continued prayers for all of us!

No comments: