Friday, October 24, 2008

Feeling a bit better


I think I have finally gotten into a good recuperative pattern in life: take pills, eat, walk, nap. Repeat three or four times each day.

Thanks for all your prayers: I am sleeping better and feeling better, though I am still on quite a bit of pain medication. I am trying to go with the flow and let my body heal.

Yesterday, as I was struggling to get the right amount of pain meds and rest, I felt depression settling over me. I examined my day and my life, and knew that there was no good reason for feeling depressed, and so I decided to fight it. I tried to remind myself of the truth, and fill my moments with distraction and godly thoughts. And I fought it until bedtime. But God was good to allow me to sleep last night, and awake with that burden lifted from me. I know this is an answer to your prayers! So thank you!

No comments: