Monday, September 21, 2009

The works of God displayed in us...


This morning I was reading in the 9th chapter of John, and was struck by this section:
As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" Jesus answered, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but(E) that the works of God might be displayed in him..."
John 9:1-3

So this man was blind from birth so that God could manifest His glory in him. Am I brave enough to desire to be used of God in this way? Would this fellow have said, had he a choice, "Yes, make me blind if that is your will, Lord, and use me for your glory?" This challenges me, since I am a coward when it comes to pain, or even discomfort. May the Lord give us, Gentle Readers, His view on these things. May we desire His glory above all.

No comments: