Monday, September 14, 2009

Reaching that haven...


The MRI is behind me. Praise God! Thanks to those of you praying that my arms would n9ot fall asleep: they did not! However, my ribs and shoulder and neck were not so blessed, and they are still a bit painful. Still, the test is over, and I praise God for it! I also received a copy of my last blood work, and though I'm not a doctor, nor have I played one on TV, it looks to me like all my values are in the normal range. Another item for praise! And I enjoyed a lovely afternoon and evening on my own, shopping and reading while I ate shrimp linguini Alfredo (yum!) Over all, it was a delightful day, but one that has left me thoroughly exhausted tonight.

And added to all those blessings, was Spurgeon's reminder today:
When we sail in Christ's company, we may not make sure of fair weather, for great storms may toss the vessel which carries the Lord Himself, and we must not expect to find the sea less boisterous around our little boat. If we go with Jesus we must be content to fare as He fares; and when the waves are rough to Him, they will be rough to us. .. Not one ship in the convoy shall suffer wreck; the great Commodore will steer every barque in safety to the desired haven. By faith we will slip our cable for another day's cruise, and sail forth with Jesus into a sea of tribulation. Winds and waves will not spare us, but they all obey Him; and, therefore, whatever squalls may occur without, faith shall feel a blessed calm within. He is ever in the centre of the weather-beaten company: let us rejoice in Him. His vessel has reached the haven, and so shall ours.
~C. H. Spurgeon, Morning by Morning, September 14


I am heading for my comfy chair and my heating pad to enjoy the anticipation of reaching that haven!

1 comment:

Juanita Stauffer said...

I'm so glad to hear the tests went well and that things look good. Enjoy your quiet time today!