Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Flowers and such...


A friend recently asked me where I get all the flower photos for my blog. Well, I take them, of course! Some come from my own yard; others from the yards of neighbors as I walk, or from our church rose garden.

When I first began to blog, I usually grabbed photos from the web, but I began to be concerned with copyright infringement, and it was more trouble to figure that out than it was to put my own photos up. I am not so concerned about the overly burdensome laws as such, but artists need to work and feed their families, too, and I don't want to be guilty of stealing from them and denying them the fruit of their labor. I'd rather labor myself.

And I really enjoy the digital photographic process, anyway. It's quite amazing what an amateur can do with a 7.2 megapixel Nikon Coolpix L5. So most of the photos you find here are mine, Gentle Reader, in case you have ever wondered. I will occasionally use something else to fit something I'm particularly writing about, but I try to be careful and use only things in the public domain.

So when you see the flower or landscape photos on my blog, you can think, "Imagine: she lives with that beauty!" Isn't God good to me?

No comments: