Saturday, September 12, 2009

An intentional habit...


This morning we had planned to drive up to the chair lift at Pajarito Mountain, above Los Alamos, and ride the chair lift to the top of the mountain and hike back down to the lodge. Dave, being the wonderful leader that he is, suggested we go to the ski club's web site before driving up the several miles and several thougsand feet in altitude. And, much to our surprise, there had been a water main break and they were not running the chair lift. Bummer! But not as big a bummer as if we had driven up to find out the bad news! So instead we took a hike for about an hour a bit closer to home. What a lovely morning it was! And then we did various household activities, and have passed a quiet, domestic day.

I am constantly amazed at how the Lord brings blessing to me when I listen to my husband. I ought to make more of an intentional habit of it...

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I need to intentionally develop that habit...because it's not really a habit yet.