Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Health Update


Today was my routine every-three-month visit to the oncologist office. Everything seems to be going well. I am due for scans again, and will get a breast MRI in September sometime. Though she still would like to convince me that the tamoxifen I'm taking is not responsible for my side-effects, I managed to talk her out of sending me to a rheumatologist for my aches and pains. I have a feeling they will go away when I stop taking tamoxifen... I am learning to be firm with her, and I think that will help me! She pointed out that I am over a year done on my five-year course of tamoxifen, for which I am grateful. Additionally, she pointed out that I am still not a year out from either my radiation treatments or my last surgery. So recovery is still happening.

My sweet husband came with me to my appointment, just because he knew I'd love the distraction. We then had a "date": we went to Subway for lunch, and did a little grocery shopping together. And yes, after 29 years of marriage, that is a real date! I can't think of anyone I'd rather walk around the grocery store with.

Thanks for your continued prayers and concern, Gentle Readers! I am very grateful for a return of energy and a feeling of well-being. God has been very good to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that things are going well. I am sorry that you may have 4 years of aches and pains.

Chris, you are such an incredible blessing. I am so glad you are recovering.