Monday, July 27, 2009

The weekend before last...


Last Saturday, Dave and I drove to Denver, and spent the night in Westminster, celebrating our anniversary with a little romantic get-away. On Sunday morning, our actual anniversary date, we met dear friends CurtAndrew and Natasha DeKoning and their children, Aaron and Eli, at church, and enjoyed visiting over lunch with them at their lovely home. What can be better than an excellent sermon in the presence of God's people and good fellowship?!

We then proceeded in the afternoon up to Rocky Mountain National Park. Here is the view from our camp site:

It was exhilarating to see those 13,000 and 14,000-foot peaks once again, and be surrounded by the amazing beauty of God's creation. And when I say beauty, I mean beauty! I spent the whole week being moved to literal tears at the bigness of God, His creative genius, and His amazing blessings to me. I kept marveling that I was there, doing the camping and hiking, with my husband of 29 years, both of us cancer survivors, neither of us deserving such abundant kindness. God is amazing.

No comments: