Saturday, July 11, 2009

Singing


I am amazed at the grace of God: its scope and depth and inclusiveness. A few things have caused me to dwell on this today, and they make my heart sing.

First, I read an amazing testimony to God's grace here, from my friends the Stauffers. After the murder of their young daughter, Emily, they sing the praises of God. If they can sing in such times, what times are too bleak for singing?

I also ran into a dear friend at the grocery store today. It seems my fumbling notes here have been an encouragement to her in a time of transition in her life. If God can use my random wandering to such purposes, what can't He use? (Thanks I., for your encouragement of me!)

This afternoon we are enjoying some unexpected minutes with a dear friend who will be moving far away soon. What a treat! Isn't God good to bring encouragement on every hand?

And our memory work for this week makes me sing, too.

I will bless the Lord at all times:
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast int the Lord;
let the humble hear and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
and let us exalt His name together!
~Psalm 34:1-3

No comments: