Monday, August 02, 2010

My new adventure...

My new adventure, to which I have alluded in a few past posts, is a new teaching position with Veritas Press Scholars Academy (the online school associated with Veritas Press.)  The VP Scholar's Academy is in the final stages of getting its accreditation with the National Association of Christian Schools, and provides everything from single classes for home schoolers, to complete diploma programs online.  The school began just 4 or 5 years ago, and has grown to over 2000 students around 50 faculty members.  I am really excited to be joining this team!  I will be working very part-time (one class this year), and will be working closely with my friend Cindy Marsch, which will be an added treat. I m excited about working in this classical setting, with others who are just as excited as I am.  But because I am coming on board late, I am a little overwhelmed, with a steep learning curve before me.  Thus, the adventurous part of the whole thing.  I can't wait to get started, but please bear with me, Gentle Reader, if my posts are not as regular or content-filled for a few weeks!

So, if you need a good composition course for your rising 8th grader or high school student, and they have had grammar and some writing background, consider Composition II at VP Scholars Academy! There are still openings!

3 comments:

Cindy Marsch said...

I'm counting on you!

Unknown said...

Enjoy the year, Chris! Are you keeping up your Comp and WV classes too?

MagistraCarminum said...

Corrine- I am taking a sabbatical from comp and worldviews locally, but am doing some writing evaluations for local students. Lord willing, I'll pick up WV and comp locally again next year.