Saturday, January 03, 2009

Hello 2009


The older I get, the more quickly it seems the years fly by. 2008 was a busy, blessed, difficult year, but I can't for the life of me figure out where it has gone!

2009 will begin as a year of continued recuperation for me. I don't know what my energy level will allow, but I am resolved to fight for joy there. You are all given permission to hold me accountable for this, Gentle Readers!

2009 is the 500th anniversary of the birth of John Calvin. I haven't yet decided if I will jump aboard one of the many reading programs online to celebrate (Princeton is doing it, Reformation21 is doing it, Tabletalk is doing it, and undoubtedly there are others.) If you want to follow all the fun and frivolity, check out the Calvin Quincentenary site.

And in the spirit of the frivolity of celebrating the birth of Calvin, here is a silly song for you to enjoy! May your New Year be a bright and joyful one!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

HAHA! I'm STILL chuckling over the song! I love you!
Happy '09!