Thursday, January 29, 2009

Health update


Today I saw my wonderful primary care doc. I explained that my oncologist is referring me to a pulmonologist because she doesn't think my fatigue and aches are due to either my cancer treatment or my tamoxifen. He has a different view. He said he has several patients on tamoxifen that are on pain meds all the time due to joint aches and pains. He accepted the fact that I am not depressed, but that I am struggling with fatigue, and was encouraging to me. He thinks it is still a good idea to see the pulmonologist about my sarcoidosis and ask lots of questions, but not jump on the band wagon of taking large doses of prednisone "just to see if it helps." Hurrah! We are like-minded on that. So, I will see the pulmonologist next week, then have tests in March and April, and see both the oncologist and my primary care again in May.

I am learning that heat a couple times a day help with the aches and pains, and that getting rest and sleep is really important for my body right now. And so is consistent exercise (I'm walking 6 or 7 days a week, and going to Curves 2 or 3 times in addition.) So I need to keep my obligations small, and have time to rest and exercise. I am trying to be thankful that I have the wherewithal to be able to be home and quiet, instead of whining about the necessity of it.

And, I am noticing slight and slow improvement as I rest and exercise. I have been able to do some sewing the last few days for the first time in months. It is lovely! And I have been doing a little house work and cooking, too.

So God is being more faithful to me than I deserve. And thank you, Gentle Readers, for your faithful prayers. I know they carry me!

No comments: