Monday, December 12, 2011

My Trip to Chicago

Our recent trip to Chicago found us taking the train into the city on a drizzly afternoon and staying as evening fell.  Downtown is beautiful as the lights come on, as is evident from the photos my brother Matt took with the HDR program on his I-phone.
 Then I road the train back later in the week and enjoyed a day with my brother at the Chicago Art Institute.  I fed my soul of the beauties of art there, and the sweet conversation with my youngest brother.  I am not sure that I have ever had a day alone with him, since he is the youngest and I am the eldest of 6 children, and the opportunity really never presented itself before.  It was a treat in every way. Below, I am with one of the famous bronze lions in front of the Art institute.  He is all gussied up for Christmas.  And you should hear, Gentle Reader, the sound of a cappella caroling in the great staircase inside!  It was delightful.
It was an odd week in many ways, but an enjoyable one!  We had dinner on Thursday evening with Matt and his wife, Maria, and daughter Zoe at their house in the city.  While there, we played with a little app that makes music videos using templates on the app and short recorded sounds.  I thought you might enjoy the silly results!

Thank you, Matt, for making my week so very lovely!

1 comment:

Cindy Marsch said...

Well, Chris, I think "terrifying" is probably the best word for the little app, but I know it was fun, and that's what matters! :-) The cityscape pics are gorgeous!