Thursday, December 29, 2011

Update

Cancer treatment is such an emotional roller-coaster.  What really amazes me is that I could have forgotten. You struggle to understand your options, and get one piece of the puzzle settled and ten things happen that call it all into doubt and you are back at square one.  You feel at peace about everything one moment, and totally unsettled the next.  And above all, it is emotionally exhausting!

Tomorrow I begin hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) treatments that we hope will make the surgery on the side of me that previously underwent radiation treatments bear surgery well and heal better.  It is a bit of a gamble, but God has opened that door, so we are stepping through it.  But I would appreciate all your prayers, Gentle Readers!  Would you please pray that:
  • The cancer would not spread, and that it would remain small and lymph nodes would be clear.
  • The genetic tests would come back soon, and without any positive markers.
  • That the HBO would be an effective healing agent in my pre- and post-op.
  • That I would be able to have surgery on January 10, as has been tentatively scheduled.
  • That I would make a good post-surgery treatment plan with my oncologist after surgery.
  • That I would rest in God's hands and wait hopefully for that peace which passes all understanding.
And would you praise God with me for...
  • His amazing love and grace that is sufficient for every challenge.
  • His working out of approval by the insirance for the HBO treatments.
  • His provision of excellent medical care and advice.
  • My tumor being low-risk, low-grade, found early, and having a good prognosis.
  • His provision of ,y wonderful husband for support.

No comments: