Thursday, December 01, 2011

Embracing the crooks in my lot

I am often amazed at how ministry works out in my life.  I often think of ways I'd love to minister to others, but it seems God always has other ideas.  The jobs I want to take on are often beyond my grasp, and the ones placed in my path are usually the ones I would rather not pursue.  I suppose this is just another clear signal that I have a long way to go yet, until I recognize that the ministry God gives me is the best for His glory and my good.

Until I get to that place, where I better recognize the work of His hand, I will try to embrace the crooks in my lot, and, no, I don't mean the burglars in my yard.  I mean to accept the bends in my path as coming from a good and powerful God, with trust that He knows best.  Rest, my soul, in your good God.  And may you rest there, too, Gentle Reader.

No comments: