Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The year of adventure continues...

Since my husband declared this our "year of living adventurous lives for Christ", God has provided opportunity aplenty.  Dave began a new project at work (which he can't tell us about or he would have to shoot us-- but he is keeping the world safe for democracy somehow) and now it looks as if I will be starting a new part-time job as well.  More details will be coming on that as it becomes appropriate to share, but I am amazed at God's perfect timing, and at the way He works all things for my good and his glory, even in the mundane details of life!  This morning in my quiet time, I read the following verses from Isaiah 43:
But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob,
   he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
   I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
   and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
 when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
   and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the LORD your God,
   the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
~Isaiah 43: 1-3
 That seems like a pretty safe place from which to launch an adventure, doesn't it? May your adventures, Gentle Reader, be rooted in the sure foundation of such a God.

2 comments:

Cindy Marsch said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah for new adventures!