Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy anniversary, Mr. Finnegan!

30 years ago on Monday, July 19th, I will have been married to my dear husband for 30 years.  He was my best friend then, and is my best friend still.  I was never so sure of a decision as I was that marrying him was the right and best thing to do.  And in 30 years, I have never, even once, regretted that decision.

That doesn't mean it has always been easy. We are sinners, living in a fallen world.  Stuff happens.  We hurt and disappoint each other. And love actually means you OUGHT to say you are sorry sometimes.  It means living in the light of repentance and forgiveness. Without that, a couple would not make it 30 days, much less 30 years.

I often feel that I am Dave's "cross to bear".  And he does so with such grace and kindness. Thank you, dear, for the many years of friendship and love you have so freely and lavishly bestowed upon me, despite my faults and failings and shortcomings.  Thank you for your faithfulness in daily deciding to love me.

Happy anniversary, Mr. Finnegan!

1 comment:

Cindy Marsch said...

Love the photo! So sweet. Congrats--have a wonderful celebration this weekend!