Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Some things I'm thankful for

I am truly thankful for many things in this season. After about 6 months of treatment, I am currently without breast cancer. What an amazing God we serve! And here are just a few of the things I am most thankful for...

We have many good far-away friends, who have blessed us and made us so thankful. Here is a representative photo of our friends the Lawrences. They left us for Maryland, and the hole they leave can never be filled. But we long for the times we can spend together, and for the time in heaven when we are together before the throne of God forever! That's something to be thankful for!


And our local friends and church family are a continual source of blessing. Here we are with our friends Kendall and Kris Hollis, and Robert and Kelley Baer at a recent concert with our friend Jim (see more about Jim below.).



My parents are healthy and well, have quit smoking after decades, and are enjoying their retirement nearby. Here they pictured with our friend Jim Fielder (of former Blood, Sweat and Tears fame, who now plays with Neil Sedaka), who got them tickets to a recent concert he was performing in here. They are a joy and a blessing to have here.

This last year I have gained two wonderful daughters-in-law. This has been such a tremendous blessing to me! I will get to see Nikki for Thanksgiving, along with Tim and my parents and my sister Gwen and her family) which is a wonderful blessing, and Ben and Elsa will also join us for Christmas. As I was speaking to Elsa on the phone this week, and sharing our plans for Thanksgiving, she said, "Well, I'm jealous of Nikki because she gets to spend more time with you now that they are in Tucson." Can you imagine a daughter-in-law saying a sweeter or nicer thing? My cup is over-flowing! I am rich in God's blessings when it comes to my children and their spouses!


So, I am grateful to God for my husband and family, my church family, my friends, and mostly, my savior, Jesus. He continues to carry me, and make a way for me all the way to heaven. What's not to be thankful for?!

No comments: