Friday, November 21, 2008

Hope



I am not really feeling a lot better, but the last couple of days I have had the hope of feeling better, which is a decided improvement! God has been so gracious to give me rest and encouragement! Just today I had a wonderful phone call from my friend Jan who lives in France, and then found our friend Katie at my front door for an impromptu visit, watched Dave deliver a great chemistry class, and had a wonderful conversations with several friends and one of my daughter-in-laws. What a blessing these things were! I didn't get much rest in, however, so now I am tired, but tired in a hopeful, grateful way. I was reminded of the riches found in Romans Chapter 8, especially verses 22-24:
We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.


Hope that is seen is no hope at all. So not seeing something has a hidden blessing attached: the hope that it will come. God is good to give us hope.

No comments: