Monday, September 08, 2008

Radiation is done!


Today I had my LAST radiation treatment for this course of treatments for my breast cancer. Hurrah! This feels pretty significant to me! My dearest Dave brought me the gorgeous roses you see pictured, and also made toffee bar cookies for me to take to the radiation therapists as a thank-you gift for their kind and professional service. When I left my treatment, the therapists had a bubble machine running, and played noise-makers, and gave me a flower to celebrate. And then I went with a friend to get a pedicure this afternoon to celebrate. God has been very good to me, and has answered prayer after prayer. Let's praise Him:
*for allowing me to complete the treatments before we left for the wedding, as we had prayed.
*for keeping my skin from burning badly and keeping other harmful side-effects from happening, as we had prayed.

And let's also ask Him:
*to help me to heal from this treatment quickly, and for my energy to return so I can enjoy the upcoming wedding and resume my teaching a few weeks afterwards.
*to make the treatments very effective against this cancer, that it will be beaten and not return.
*that my scans and other tests scheduled for the end of September and beginning of October would come back without any difficult findings.

Thank you for all of you who have prayed faithfully for me. I have been carried by those prayers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea Chris! Wonderful! Now off to the wedding...

TESS, WA

Shannon said...

Praising and praying!! Hooray for getting through the radiation so well!