Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Lists


Fall is in the air, with the aroma of roasting chile (which I believe you had to be born in New Mexico to actually enjoy...), the crisp morning air, the heavy clouds over the mountains, and the beginning of fall allergy season as the chamisa begins to bloom. Today on my way to Santa Fe I saw my first cottonwood tree sporting all yellow leaves! I guess it's true- September is here! I have only 4 more radiation treatments left, my composition class begins on Thursday without me (to their joy and my disappointment), and we leave for Tim's wedding in just about a week.

I want to say that the summer has flown by. But really, it seems like there wasn't really a summer at all this year. The routines of appointments and surgeries and treatment and testing have sucked up the whole summer. And yet, here I am to the fall, preparing to attend my son's wedding, and finishing my radiation treatments with no skin problems! I can easily feel sorry for myself and

I have been spending the last two days working on lists for the wedding: things I need to do, places we need to be, things to remember to pack, people to remember to pick up or drop off at airports... and it seems to me I had better be sure to make a list of the things I am grateful for. So here are a few, in no particular order:

*For my Savior, who redeemed me when I hated Him, and loves me even when I am rebellious
*For minimal side-effects from the radiation with only 4 treatments left
*For two lovely daughters-in-law who love the Lord and love my sons (though, strictly speaking, Nikki won't be one until a week from Saturday!)
*For the physical ability and financial wherewithal to attend this wedding in Michigan in a week.
*For the many friends and family members coming from hither and yon to celebrate with us in Michigan at the wedding
*For my wonderful and supportive husband and best friend, Dave
*For my terrific sons, Ben and Tim, and the joy of watching them follow the Lord and figure out His call on their lives
*For my helpful mother-in-law, Marilyn, who is going out of her way to be helpful to me
*For my supportive parents and siblings
*For wonderful friends who have been and continue to pick up my slack and allow things like composition to get started before I can
*For all of you who have and continue to pray for me. I am blessed beyond measure.

No comments: