Monday, May 05, 2008

A Wedding Song for Tim and Nikki

While Ben was home last week, I got a preview of a sweet, funny little song he wrote for his little brother and his wife-to-be. The lyrics are below, but the music makes it better: it is sweet and carefree and adorable...and there are many inside family jokes that are probably not obvious to others.

Tim and Nikki's Wedding Song (working title)
By BDF

I have always been a runner
I've never known how to
stand still at all

so you put on your tight shirt
I will wear my shortest shorts
and bright yellow socks

and we will run away together

I never thought I'd find a runner
as tall and swift and beautiful
as I hope to be

so you put on your favorite shoes
I will find my khaki shorts
and even wear a belt

and we will skip away together

And if you should fall down,
I will catch you, put you back on your feet.
And if I should fall behind,
I know that you will wait for me.

I know that I love you
and that you love me, too
even though I'm faster

so you put on your white dress
and I will find a tux that goes with
bright yellow socks

walking down that aisle together
we will walk away forever

3 comments:

Quotidian Life said...

Cute. I'm imagining it sung to the "tune" of Kip's wedding song to LaFawnda in Napoleon Dynamite, but I'm sure Ben is much more musical than that!

Cindy Marsch said...

Awwwwww.....

Anonymous said...

oh! How fun! Can't wait to hear it live!