Sunday, May 04, 2008

Waiting


I have had several e-mails asking about whether I received any biopsy results from the biopsies on Thursday. Unfortunately, I have not. I really wasn't expecting them until Monday since the samples weren't all taken until after 3:00 pm on Thursday, so the pathologists couldn't have even gotten them until Friday morning. I promise to post here as soon as I have some results.

I am hoping on Monday to track down the Thursday biopsy results as well as the hormone receptor tests from the first biopsy, which should be back, or close to it, by now.

Many have said to me, "Waiting is so hard!" And it is hard. But I have also discovered that finding out is hard. So I rest in my Lord as hard and fast as I can. And call on Him to be sufficient for me, to give me His peace that passes understanding, and He has been faithful to do so. I know your prayers are helping me to walk in this place. Thank you!

And there is something sweet about being launched into a place of such intimacy with the Lord. What a broken place we live in, that we must be facing something like cancer to be brought back to the fount of joy and peace...

2 comments:

Cindy Marsch said...

Thank you, Chris, for the reminder to cast our cares on Him at ALL times, even in the trivial or the things we think we can handle ourselves. We are deceived in those thoughts!

Kathy said...

I so agree, Chris! It saddens me when I cry out to the Lord in times of trouble, and often push Him to the back of my mind when things are going (seemingly) well.