Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A Time for Thanks (and a time for surgery)


Some of you dear friends and family have asked to be notified of my surgery time so you can be praying for me. Thank you! I can't tell you how much comfort that brings! I arrive at the hospital at 8:15 MST tomorrow morning, with surgery scheduled at 9:15. I am rejoicing in a relatively early time!

Last night at about bedtime, when I was worn down from the day, I began lots of second thoughts...and a little bit of panic mode. Dave was a steady, calm friend, and reassured me (and has continued to bless me today!) My friend Greg called this morning, with more encouragement, and another friend wrote, "Isn't it great to know God knows all about these lymph nodes!" Many have commented here, called, or e-mailed. These encouragements have been such a blessing today, and through them and all of your prayers God is restoring my peace. So thank you. Many of you are walking with me, helping me very really to bear this burden. I would sink under its weight without you. So thank you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying Chris! tonight...tomorrow morning...tomorrow at 9:15 ...post surgery.... Knowing God is good and loves you more than all of your dear friends and loved ones times some really big number (you'll need to ask Dave for a more specific number :) I count it the greatest blessing to pray for and with you my dear friend. Love,
Amy
PS Is that your butterfly bush already blooming? It is beautiful!

MagistraCarminum said...

Amy-
It's not mine, and not a butterfly bush. It is growing outside someone's yard in a wild manner along Kimberly, as you head out to the rim trail. I thought it was unusual! Saturday Dave and I hiked along the trail, and took pictures of all the wildflowers since the last rain. They'll be appearing here :-)

Sheila said...

As I was awake for a couple hours last night praying for our safety and peace through the storms that rolled through, I was also praying for you - for peace and safety during your current 'storm'. Rejoicing that we serve a God of peace, One that provides 'peace that passes all understanding'.
In Christ,
Sheila

cmclenithan said...

I'm praying for you too!
Chrissy