Tuesday, September 06, 2011

A new school year begins

Like dawn breaking over the mountains, a new school year is beginning: full of promise and unknown adventure, heartbreak and hard work, bother and beauty.  As I start this school year, I pray for my students and myself as we enter this realm called learning.  May we be humble and teachable, may we be excited and enthusiastic.  May we prioritize what really matters. May we know God better at the end of this year than we did at its beginning. 

So far this year, I have started  an online class and forgotten to turn my mic on, and gotten confused about class times and tried to end a class early (the student who politely and respectfully pointed out my error was not extremely popular with her classmates!)  And that's just after the first day!  Teaching requires a humble attitude, too, and the ability to laugh at one's self. It also requires that the teacher love what he is doing and love the pupils God brings his way.  I am enjoying getting to know this fresh crop: ~40 composition students, and 4 Worldviews students.  I hope we have a marvelous year together.

And may you have a marvelous year, too, Gentle Reader, as you continue to learn in your own place in life.

No comments: