Friday, September 30, 2011

Evidence of the fall

Dave had a great suggestion for a blog post today.  He thought I should post a photo of my destroyed gloves and entitle it, "Evidence of the Fall."  I would do it in a moment except for one fact: I have misplaced my camera.  And that brings me to last weekend.

Dave and I went camping last weekend.  We crossed the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, and explored the Mora Valley on their eastern slopes.  It is a beautiful, if poverty-stricken, area.  We had a fascinating time at Fort Union National Monument, and mused about the fact that without men, such a place would never have been built nor thrived (women are eminently too sensible to undertake such a thing!) But somewhere between taking pictures in the mountains on Friday and going to Fort Union on Saturday, I misplaced my camera.  So, there are no photos of the mountains, nor of the Fort.  There are no pictures of the beautiful Morphy Lake, nor the amazing road from the Mora Valley back up and over the Sangres via Angel Fire and Taos.  Suffice it to say the scenerey (and the company) were beautiful and fascinating.  It was a relaxing weekend.  Except for the camera. And that, too, is evidence of the fall, I guess!

And speaking of the fall, I must report that I am stiff and sore in places I have no recollection of ever having felt before. But I am well, with no serious injuries evident. But I digress...

So, for the time being, Gentle Reader, the photos on this blog will all continue to be my own, but they will not be current (except for photos sent to me of Emma by her mama, of course!)  And I hold on to the hope that if we open the camper this weekend and hunt for it, we may yet find my precious camera.  It's not worth that much money, but I do miss its companionship, and being able to share photos here.


No comments: