Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blessing and encouraging

Every once in a while as a teacher, you need to make one of those calls.  You need to telephone parents, and try to figure out what is happening with your students.  These can sometimes be fear-inducing calls, since not all parents are equally approachable where their children are concerned.  The blessing of those calls, even when they are difficult, is that I have an opportunity to come alongside a parent and offer encouragement. Parenting is the toughest job I know about, and it gets downright discouraging in the trenches. It is a blessing when I get to validate their desires for their children, and remind them that God will be faithful to them. Today contained such a call, and I was blessed and encouraged as well as being able to offer some blessing and encouragement.

I love my job!

No comments: