Monday, June 13, 2011

A lovely birthday

 On Saturday, we hiked Las Conchas Canyon up in the Jemez Mountains, about 40 minutes from our house. Marilyn, Dave, and I followed the trail a little more than 2 miles, to where you had to either climb up or hike in the East Fork of the Jemez River.  We then climbed up just far enough to overlook the river while we had a snack, and then returned the way we had come.
 Because of our current dry conditions, there were fewer wildflowers out and about, but there is a trickle flowing in the river, and the butterflies were abundant.


 After the hike we were famished, and enjoyed gyros in town, then went home for a shower and a nap. I then enjoyed reading the 80+ greetings on my facebook page from family and friends, opened gifts from my family, enjoyed marinated flank steak for dinner, and watched my new copy of The Deathly Hallows Part 1.  It was a practically perfect day!

No comments: