Saturday, September 11, 2010

Walking in Tucson

It is so hot where Tim and Nikki live, in Tucson, AZ, that unless you are done walking before the sun rises, you can forget about getting any outside exercise.  At least that's how I feel about it.  That has meant lots of early (5:30 am) walks, with the wonderful side benefit of sunrise over the Sonoran desert. Amazingly beautiful, once you get used to the look of a desert..

I think this will be my last walk this morning before returning to New Mexico. My dear husband is here, and we will leave tomorrow to make our way home.  I will miss Emma and Nikki and Tim.  But my own bed, and the cool nights of fall in the Southern Rockies, are calling me.  And it has been hard to spend most of a month away from my best friend and companion. 

All this makes me long for heaven, where we are together for eternity, and where we will enjoy God and His creation without weariness. I have many more ruminations rambling about my mind on this topic, but unless I hit the road, the sun will be up before I hit the homeward trail...

Have a wonderful day, Gentle reader.  And may you be where your heart is at home always.

No comments: