Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grateful...

Last Saturday, on my final Saturday in Tucson, Tim and Dave and I ventured to Performance Bike, and purchased a new bike for me. This all happened after hauling the old bike to Tucson for Tim to fix, and having him declare it unfixable.  Therefore, armed with a $50-off coupon, and with my first teaching check in the bank, we headed out on adventure.  We got a great deal on the bike, and it is so very comfortable and easy to ride!  After teaching class this morning, I headed out for my first ride back at altitude, and is was fabulous.  I didn't notice how morning glory-like the blue color was until I set it next to the morning glories.  I am so grateful! Grateful for the bike, yes, but grateful for the God who provides for my needs so abundantly.  Grateful for the son who is both a computer and bike expert, and the one who can speak many languages.  Grateful for the daughters-in-love that treat me like their own mother, and who are as dear to me as daughters could ever be.  Grateful for a husband who is my companion and my comfort in this sometimes-weary world.  Grateful for the little bundle that is Emma Joy, growing and changing every day, and giving us fresh eyes for seeing the wonders of God's creation. Grateful for the students I get to watch grow and learn and mature.  Grateful for the friends who love and support me, no matter how difficult I am. Grateful for the beauty of those morning glories, and the other beauties all around me.

I am just grateful.

No comments: