Friday, March 05, 2010

Parents...


Earlier this week, my parents made the trip up from Rio Rancho for the night. We enjoyed playing Carcasonne and Five Crowns, had dinner together, and used Dave's miter saw to help with a project they are working on. (They are going to redo their kitchen table top using tile.) Here is a photo of Dave and all the parents.

It is a blessing to have our parents close. After many years of being far away, the little irritations that come from bumping up against one another are nothing compared to the blessing of being near to these folks who have raised us, nurtured us, and loved us for years. God is good to so order our lives. A friend recently blogged a list of the best things about his parents, and I thought I'd follow his good lead, and rise up and call my parents blessed. Here are just some of the gifts they have given me:
*My parents are hard workers, and taught us to work hard as well. Their motto was "It's better to wear out than to rust out."
*My parents taught us that we needed to be honest and have integrity in what they did, and showed us by example how to accomplish that.
*My parents taught us to make our beliefs our own, and not let others sway us.
*My parents taught me the value of family and the fun to be had in a house full of children and friends.
*My parents are fearless creators: they get brilliant ideas and make them come into existence.


Thank you, Mom and Dad, for the way you bless us!

No comments: