Tuesday, June 30, 2009

So He can bless me...


Here are a few more photos from our last camping trip. But the beautiful surroundings were not the best thing about the trip for me. It was as if God, in His graciousness, was saying to me, "You can hope again: you can do some of the things you love. I have plans for your future." I don't think I had even realized that I had given up hope of some things: hope of hiking and camping again, hope of getting back into better shape, and having the energy to do things again.

Today I hiked for a little over an hour along White Rock Canyon, overlooking the Rio Grande. I was reminded of God's grace in the words of Isaiah 30:18:

Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you,
and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you.
For the LORD is a God of justice;
blessed are all those who wait for him.


So, today I am determined to remember that God is not waiting to drop the next calamity on me. He is waiting to be gracious; waiting until I have learned what pain must teach me, so He can bless me.




1 comment:

Juanita Stauffer said...

I'm so glad you were able to go camping. We just went last week and I was reminded again of how much I love it. What an encouragement for you to be able to do those things you haven't been able to do. And your words were an encouragement to me when I'm tempted to be fearful about the future.

Juanita