Saturday, March 14, 2009

The agrarian side of life...


My sweet husband is out in the back yard turning manure into my small vegetable garden so that when we return from our trip to Indiana next week, we will be ready to plant peas and spinach. Meanwhile, in the sun room, tomatoes and squash, snapdragons, violas and forget-me-nots are all growing from little seedlings into bigger seedlings. And next week is Spring break at Indiana University. And the NCAA basketball tournament announcements are tomorrow. I guess Spring is really almost here!

There is something about the rhythm of the seasons and growing things that reminds me of the preciousness of life, and the care of our heavenly Father for us and out world. Are you weary of the winter, Gentle Reader? Get a pot and plant some seeds. You will feel better.

No comments: