Monday, March 23, 2009

Absence

I hope you will be patient, Gentle Readers, with my lack of communication while in Indiana. We are having a lovely time being part of Ben and Elsa's life here in Bloomington for a week, and there is not much time nor easy access to the computer!

Yesterday we enjoyed a wonderful Sabbath....We enjoyed worship at B&E's church, had a lovely dinner made by E, and enjoyed a fascinating time at the home of David and Carole Canfield, who host the small group B&E attend on Sundays. In addition to the brilliant Dr. Canfield, the group includes two PhD classicist students (one who is from Sri Lanka), and B & E. The conversation was full and enjoyable, if sometimes over my head. But what a treat to be included in their lives in this way!

Tomorrow we will head back to NM late in the day. And then normal posts about the boring details of my life should resume.

1 comment:

Juanita Stauffer said...

I'm glad to hear you are having a good break, Chris!