Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A bend in the road

Well, today, while I was at the hospital paying 10% of my surgery bill, giving blood, and signing a myriad of forms, the surgeon's office tracked me down and had me return. The MRI report showed some areas of ambiguity that the surgeon feels we need to follow up on. So, instead of surgery tomorrow, I will be having another breast biopsy, and then on Monday I will have a PET-Scan. Surgery has been tentatively rescheduled for Thursday, May 8, with the final approval and decision on the type of surgery to be determined after these next two tests.

So, here is the latest "crook in the lot", to quote Thomas Boston. This bend in my path is no surprise to the Lord. I rest in Him.

Some specific prayer requests:
  • Pray that anything we need to know about to make a treatment plan will be made known in these tests.
  • Pray for the staff and doctors performing the tests, that the results will be read accurately and in a timely manner, and communicated to the other docs that need to know.
  • Continue to pray for clean nodes, for confirmation of no other involvement outside of the breast, and for an effective treatment plan to be made and begun as quickly as possible.
Some specific praise reports:
  • Yesterday was a day of emotional melt-down for me. Praise God that these changes waited for today when I am more stable!
  • As I write this, my eldest son, Ben, is playing guitar and singing to me. What a joy to have some time with him while he is here until Saturday!
  • This morning I was blessed to meet with the elders of our church. They prayed over me, and offered Christ's encouragement. What a blessing God's church is to me!
  • God is providing good, peaceful sleep for me each night, by his grace, and I am sure through the prayers of his saints. Thank you- you are all a blessing as well!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Blessings, dear one.

Lois

Jenny said...

((((Hugs))))Thank you for letting us know how to specifically pray. Enjoy your time with Ben!! Be strong in the Lord.

Jenny

Kathy said...

Praying without ceasing for you, dear Chris!

THE MOM said...

Using this time with family and friends to help you connect with the reality of Christ in your life will bring you His joy and peace.
Kathy