Sunday, September 02, 2012

Sabbath Songs

The Cross by Craig Pitman

Jesus, You hung on the cross to take my burden from me.
It rolled into the open tomb, and I'm forever free!
Jesus, what You bore, was wrath that was meant for me.
Oh, how can I describe such love as You, Lord, have for me?

Jesus, You hung on the cross to give me raiment so new.
You took the rags I wore with shame, oh Savior faithful and true.
You now call me Your own, and I gladly call You "Lord."
And if there be any good in me, it's only because of You.

Jesus, You hung on the cross to put this scroll in my hand.
You placed your mark upon my head, and now before You I stand.
Savior, take my life, and make me what You will.
May Your praise be ever on my tongue till my heart lies cold and still.
May Your praise be ever on my tongue till my heart lies cold and still.
© 1987 Craig Pitman

No comments: