Thursday, September 27, 2012

Another wild weekend


Last weekend we enjoyed a camping outing to Zion National Park in Utah.  And again, the wildlife did not disappoint.  On the fowl front, we got several good looks at a summer tanager (above).  We also saw a golden eagle that almost swooped into Tim and Nikki's windshield on our way in to the park.


We saw many mule dear, including the one above right next to our camper one evening, and the one below crossing the Virgin River as we hiked up above the valley floor.


We caught a tarantula in its native environs, and saw many lizzards.

And then, on our way out of the park, we caught glimpse of a group of big horn sheep on the edge of a mesa. It was a wonderful, wild weekend.

2 comments:

Randy Greenwald said...

Sigh. Your title only makes me think of a country song about our human inability to be satisfied. I'm glad your wild weekends are of another sort...

When my low self esteem
Needs a man loving me
And I find me a perfect catch
Then I see my friends
Having wild weekends
Then I don't wanna get quite so attached
Just as soon as I get what I want
I get unsatisfied
Good is good but could be better

I keep looking, I keep looking for
I keep looking for something more
I always wonder what's on the other side
Of the number two door
I keep looking
Looking for something more

MagistraCarminum said...

That is a very sad song to be brought on by what i thought was a catchy title. Maybe I need to change my titles in the future...