Saturday, February 19, 2011

Quite a day...

Well, Gentle Reader, I survived my scopes, and other than a few uncomfortable hours on Thursday evening, it was just fine. That is how I know many people were praying for me: your prayers were answered, and God carried me through it all!  Thank you!  The good news is that the doctor gave me a clean bill of health.  The not-so-good news is that he could not find any sign of bleeding, and hence no hint of a reason why I lost so much iron..  We are not sure what that means at this point, but my vote is that we just stop looking for a while.  Next week I will have blood work done and see the oncologist, and discuss all of this with her. 

Also yesterday, my eldest ds, Ben, was the first to come upon a serious car accident, and found himself pulling a young woman from an upside-down, smoking car.  I am very proud of his bravery. You can read more about it here. Please pray for th young woman, for Ben who has memories he would rather not have, and for the others who stood and watched and wouldn't help him.

Also pray for Ben's wife, Elsa, and her family, who lost Elsa's last grandfather last night. She told me on the phone that her parents are both orphans now. What a poignant reminder that we are sojourners and pilgrims here, and earth is not our home. Our earthly loss is heaven's gain, as Grandpa. Nickels is in the presence of his Lord, and reunited with loved ones there.

It was quite a day altogether. And I rejoice in the fact that the One who planned each step of that day invites me to call Him father forever.  Blessed be His name!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Glad they did not find to be concerned about via the scopes, but will keep praying for answers.
~Jenny