Thursday, February 17, 2011

A cheerful heart...

Today I am prepping for some tests scheduled for tomorrow.  I will have an upper endoscopy and a colonoscopy in the hopes of finding something that is slowly bleeding somewhere in my GI tract, and causing my iron deficiency problems.  I have been dreading this day.  But I know many must be praying because, so far, the day has gone well.  But I haven't yet started drinking the "Movi-Prep", as Dave Barry calls it. (And if you have never read Dave Barry's piece on colonoscopies, Gentle Reader, you must!)

I know I must have sounded bad on the phone yesterday when I spoke to my mother, because today I received this lovely, cheerful bunch of flowers from her.  You know moms.  She hears the fear in your voice, and has to do something.  So she sends lovely, cheerful  flowers.  Thanks, Mom! A cheerful heart is, truly, good medicine!

And thanks to all who are praying for me.  I would appreciate prayers for a good night's sleep tonight, and for the doc to find what he's looking for tomorrow, and fix it right then.  I'll let you all know how it turns out. And in the meantime, I am working to keep that cheerful heart.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Praying for you my friend.

Shannon said...

Praying, too!
And for the record, that Dave Barry piece may be the most hilarious thing I have ever read!