Monday, June 14, 2010

What more could I ask?


Last Friday was my fiftieth birthday. I might hesitate to mention it, were I not on Facebook. But I am on Facebook, so half the world knows already.

I have never found it difficult to have birthdays come and go. They have never bothered me before. But this one had me gloomy. I simply felt like so much of my time in this world was gone, with so little accomplished for the Lord in the time I've had. Dave was sweet to keep reminding me of the many blessings I've had over these 50 years: family and friends, health and prosperity. And my friend Valerie reminded me to the students whose lives I've impacted, and told me it would be sin to discount the work the Lord has done through the years. And they are both right!

My birthday was full of sweet gifts, surprise visits, and a surprise family get-together in Santa Fe at one of my favorite restaurants. God has been very good to me, and even though the years have passed quickly, I look forward to all the Lord has in store for me, and humbly thank Him for my husband and children, my family and students, and my Savior. What more could a girl (even an old one) ask?

3 comments:

techranger said...

Happy Birthday! I too sometimes question the little I have done in the name of the Lord... but He still loves us anyway (and I Him). :)

Juanita Stauffer said...

Happy belated birthday, Chris! I didn't see it on facebook so I missed it. I hope you had a great day. Please be assured that you have been a huge encouragement to me over the years! And I am very thankful for you.

Juanita

Beth in Mint Hill said...

Oh Chris! I have enjoyed perusing your blog so much. I identified with the bike ride since bob and i just went for our first bike ride in years the other day. wow ...

I wanted to email you about the FM yahoo group we modify, but am away from home and realized that I don't have your edress on gmail and so thought "oh I'll go to her blog and see if i can contact her.. It is such a fine blog!
:)
anyway, wanted to let you know what I did. Just in case you get a notice that our Description was modified on FM, it was just a little typo i fixed. I did not reword anything. Bye! Beth