Tuesday, June 29, 2010

54 years of blessing...

54 years ago today, this sweet little boy entered the world.  About 34 years ago, I met him when he led my youth group bible study.  About 30 years ago, we were married. 26 years ago our eldest son was born, followed by his little brother the following year.  18 years ago he had metastatic cancer, and they told me to take him home and make him comfortable, and that he likely had 6 months to live. "They" didn't know him very well, nor did they understand God's plans for him to be a terrific father to his sons, a godly friend and elder, and a wonderful husband.  And today, on his birthday, I can't seem to do anything but praise God for the many blessings He's given me in this quiet, gentle man. Dave is my friend and confidant, my reality check when I want to be a drama queen, and my teacher and example in servant leadership.

Happy birthday, dearest. I love you!

2 comments:

Mrs. Edwards said...

Happy Birthday to Dave ! It is my birthday, too, today.

MagistraCarminum said...

Well, Happy Birthday to You, Amy!