Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The blessing of living life...


Perhaps you have missed my regular posts, Gentle Reader. Or perhaps you have not noticed my absence. Either way, I feel I owe you an explanation.

First, the obvious explanation. As can be seen from the photo at right, I have been in parts South visiting my family this week, with limited computer access. My husband is on travel, so I took that opportunity to visit with my parents and my sister. We enjoyed lunch, and shopping, and game-playing together.

But the less-obvious answer to why I have been absent from my blogging is that something remarkable has happened. As many of you know, I recently began using oxygen at night. Darth(I refer to my oxygen compressor affectionately as Darth Vader because it sounds just like him...) has been used by God to wrought a remarkable change in my life. For the first time since my cancer diagnosis, I am sleeping through the night every night. My fatigue and muscle pain are almost completely gone. I have not had to take an afternoon nap in almost two months. I finally feel as though I am recovering! And that recovery is allowing me to do things I have not been able to do for the past two years.

So rejoice with me, Gentle Readers. Where I had almost ceased to hope for improvement, God has lavished blessing upon me. And the truth is, I have been too busy living life to blog as frequently as I have in the past! Isn't that wonderful?!

2 comments:

Juanita Stauffer said...

So glad to hear it! What a difference a full night's sleep makes.

Cindy Marsch said...

Wonderful! Rejoicing with you.