Monday, November 30, 2009

Amazing grace

Thanksgiving is a time to remember, first an foremost, the great gift God gave us in his Son. I am so very grateful that I can have a relationship with a holy and righteous God because of what Christ did for me. That is truly amazing grace...


Thanksgiving is also a time to be grateful for family. We had a lovely Thanksgiving in Tucson, with much to be thankful for! Here we are, gathered around Tim and Nikki's diningroom table. There are four Mrs. Finnegans, three Mr. Finnegans, and the Wiersma family. What a blessing we have in family and friends!


I am, however, of all earthly relationships, most thankful for my Dear husband of almost 30 years. He continues to be my best friend and comfort for richer and poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part. Many of you, Gentle Readers, know my many faults. Dave sees them even more clearly, and loves me anyway. That is a reflection of amazing grace...


And here are our four beautiful children. They are a real source of joy in our lives (Tim and Nikki on left, Ben and Elsa on right).


And here are my children striking a "Blue Steel" pose. If you don't know what that is, it is probably just as well...


And on the way home from Tucson with Ben, Elsa and Marlyn in tow, we stopped by the Hanson's to see Mom and Dad, my sister Gwen and all the Browns, and my sister Annie. What a delight to have a a few days full of family! I am blessed by each and every one, and awed by God's amazing grace to me.

No comments: