Friday, March 22, 2013

Recently completed projects

Not much has been getting done around here, except for trying to keep up with life, of course.  But two little projects did get finished in the last couple of weeks.

First, I finished a little pear-shaped pin cushoin for my daughter-in-law Elsa's birthday.  I had to buy 10 pounds of ground walnut shells to use a quarter pound to stuff it, so I will have to make more of these in the future.
I also completed a baby quilt for Robert Lawrence.  I called it "A Wee Zoo for Bertie".  I designed the quilts made by the ladies in our church for Bertie's older five siblings, so it only seemed right that he should have one of his own.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I had no idea one uses ground walnut shells for pin cushions. Come to think of it, I've never even wondered what was in pin cushions. Learn something new every day. :-)