Sunday, April 03, 2011

Sabbath Songs

This morning we sang one of my favorite hymns: "Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted".  These beautiful words were penned by Thomas Kelley in 1804. How could this solemn, minor-keyed hymn be one of my favorites? Because it speaks the truth that my soul thirsts for over and over again. It reminds me of the precious price paid for me, and the abundant grace of my Saviour.  Listen to the Fernando Ortega version below.  May it bless you today as it has blessed me, Gentle Reader!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

That is beautiful.

Quotidian Life said...

Thank you, Chris. I had never heard this hymn before but was drawn to listen to it as it was from Isaiah 53--our family memorized that a couple of years ago and I always like to review it during this season. Maybe we can learn this hymn, too.