Friday, April 15, 2011

Students become friends...

On this beautiful Spring morning i am on my way to pick up a former student from the airport.  Her family has left town now, and she will stay with us over the weekend while she's here for a celebration. What a blessed reminder this friendship is of God's providence! Mentor becomes friend and sister in Christ.  At least some of what I have shared has become part of her, and she will impart it to those coming after her. 

God didn't have to give me these little blessings.  He would have been perfectly justified in keeping his plans to himself.  But he shares this little glimpse to encourage me. And today, I am grateful for students become friends, and the great cloud of witnesses that we both follow and lead.

1 comment:

sherry said...

And we are so thankful for all the wisdom you shared and passed on to her!