Monday, October 04, 2010

I've been to the mountain top...

Last Saturday, Gentle Reader, I realized a dream.  I hiked to the top of Pajarito Mountain.  That may not seem like a big deal to most of you.  It is only 1.5 miles, and about 1200 feet of elevation gain, beginning at about 9,000 ft. But for me, this has always been unthinkable.  I figured that the only way I would ever get to the top of that mountain was to ride a lift up.  But on Saturday, with Dave's kind encouragement, I made it to the top! And now, after 26 years of living here, I have finally seen the views, and they are spectacular!

Even more spectacular to my mind, though, is the grace of God which has allowed me to drop some weight and get into the kind of shape that can climb a mountain and actually enjoy it.  God is just so good to me!




So here are some views from the mountain top.  Mountain top views are powerful things, and they stay with you for a long time after you've descended.

5 comments:

Dana in Georgia said...

Congratulations!!

I really walking and hiking. Good exercise and a fun way to brush up on local history.

Currently, I trying to work through a book ~ 60 Hikes Within 60 miles of Atlanta ;-)

Juanita Stauffer said...

Way to go, Chris!

Mike Westfall said...

Wow! That's something I still haven't done yet.

But did you fnd the geocache that's up there?

MagistraCarminum said...

Thanks, all! And Mike- wish we had thought of that! We were just going to hike the cross-country ski trail, but decided rather last-minute to head up the mountain instead, and no GPS with us :-(

Em said...

Yay!!! Wish I could be there. :) Miss you so much!